Club Plate Permits

VicRoadsThe VCBG are pleased to advise that the club is now officially recognised as an authorised club for the purpose of the Club Plate Permit Scheme (CPS – VicRoads) .

If any paid member of the club would like apply for a permit to drive an unregistered vehicle please get in touch with the club we will be able to forward them instructions, agreement and application.


Any person who has been a paid up member  of the Club for a period of at least six months and is the owner of a Clubman car or is in the process of building one , may apply for an “associate” Club Permit for a vehicle which qualifies under the Scheme, that is: A Veteran, Vintage or Classic (any vehicle older than 25 years). The applicant will need to satisfy the Club representative that the vehicle for which application is made is substantially original and has a current RWC.


More information please contact or complete the form on the contact us page.



29th of August 2014

The Club has received notification of proposed changes to the CPS.

The main proposed change concerns “Modified” vehicle for which a new “M” plate will be issued if they comply to proposed changes.. Further details on this can be found on line under Vic Roads (Guidelines for modifications to Vehicles Operated under the Scheme VSI33). As our Club will not be sponsoring “M” plates for the time being, I will not go into details, but members are welcomed to peruse the subject and make any comment which may be relevant.

Another change which will effect our Club is the fact that any new application (including re-entry) but not renewals, must be supported by a Current RWC. The exception will be for pre 1931 cars, which do not apply to our cars. As you will already be aware this condition (RWC) had already been part our Club’s rules, so nothing changes there. A further requirement is that the Club take a number of “dated” photos (including underbonnet) at the time of application, and these photos to be made available to Vic Roads on request. It’s assumed this last condition is to police “modifications”, which is the main aim of the changes.

The interesting part of the latest “proposed amendments” make no reference to “replicas” , so we must assume the “status quo” is maintained. The only interest will be in the area of “Club Plates” for non ICV with no VIN . The understanding is that these vehicles will need a RWC (no exceptions), so the Club’s much debated and approved “internal rules” for qualifications are now voided by the proposed amendments, ( the RWC will not be optional but mandated).

It is believed that the RWC requirements for all applicants may eliminate the option of “plates” for non Vin numbered vehicles, but it remains to be seen how successful applicants will be in obtaining a RWC.

Also, the above are “proposals” which VicRoads wants feedback from Clubs  and which will be implemented sometime after the 10th of October.